Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

One-a-Day: Bless the Bad Guys

Bless the Bad Guys by Megan Biddle

This week I'm going to do something a little different and feature one work of art by a different artist every day. The pieces are all favorites of mine and ones I think about a lot right now. They are also drawings, paintings, and sculptures, not jewelry. I love looking at jewelry but I think it's important to look at other forms of art, too. My first pick, a huge, web-like mass of thin, black glass rods, is by Megan Biddle, an artist I discovered when I was in Richmond in November. I went to a glass exhibition then and saw this piece. I was immediately drawn to it--the varying lines, layering, structure, and volume, plus it's fragility and simply wondering how it was installed. Fantastic.


Thanks for reading.

No comments: