Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Guest Star #113...Gigi Mariani


I started my day this morning watching the news and the first segment I saw was about the meteor that crashed through a town in Russia and then the reminder of the other meteor that is going to pass through the earth's atmosphere at some point today. Almost immediately following this, I found the work of Gigi Mariani from Modena, Italy, and, well, I think you can see why I think it's so appropriate for the day. What I like most about Gigi's work is his surface texture which he achieves using traditional goldsmithing techniques like niello and granulation. Additional details like cracks and 18K gold accents add wonderful visual interest. The resulting surfaces and colors are gorgeous!







Thanks for reading.

No comments: